“20 Questions” – Antonella
- Where would you go on a second date?
It depends on where we went on the first date… Probably the theatre.
- What makes you laugh?
My grandchildren. I love just listening to them talk among themselves. I’m smiling right now just thinking about the time Anthony tried to explain where babies come from.
- What is your favourite piece of clothing?
A sweater I’ve had for years. It’s washed to perfection.
- What wine has left the greatest impression on you?
The Prosecco we had on the plane on our honeymoon… Such good memories.
- What is your favourite food and wine pairing?
I’m not a big wine drinker, but in the summer, I like sangria with BBQ anything.
- What did you want to be growing up?
A mother, and I think I think I succeeded in the end, although I have a couple of grey hairs to show for it (laughs).
- What is one of your pet peeves?
Somebody not putting things back there they belong. Scissors come to mind.
- What is your favourite season?
Spring. Everything’s coming to life, like it’s being reborn. It’s like a veil being lifted. Beautiful.
- What are three of your core values?
Honesty, perseverance, and loyalty.
- If you were an animal, what would it be and why?
I’d be a lamb because they have really short attention spans (laughs), and they’re playful. Maybe I should have said an ewe because they also have short attention spans, they’re playful, but they can be serious, too.
- What’s your dream vacation?
A cruise. I’ll go anywhere on a big boat, the newer the better.
- What is your favourite sport?
Anything my grandsons play, so, right now it’s soccer.
- What was your nickname in high school?
Miss B-bop. I loved to dance, just ask any of my friends.
- What is your favourite texture?
Fleece or fur because they’re soft, which is probably why I like my old sweater so much.
- What is your favourite smell/aroma?
Oh my God, freshly baked bread. Nothing even comes close, even though I can’t eat it anymore.
- What is your favourite taste?
Peaches. The first ripe peaches of the season, that’s when they’re at their best. They’re even better if they’re on the BBQ.
- What is your favourite swear word?
Bastido. I know it’s technically not a swear, but it’s the closest I could come to one when I was younger and get away with it.
- Name one person you admired growing up?
My mother because she came from Italy with nothing and kept the family going.
- What was your first car?
An Acadian, whatever make that was. It felt safe, although it was not quite like driving my late husband’s big Ford, which was like driving down the highway in your living room. They just don’t make them like they used to.
- What is the wildest thing you have done?
I went on a blind date against my better judgment and had a fantastic time.
- What are you most afraid of?
Hurting people’s feelings.
- What makes you cringe?
Oh my God, some of the things you see on the internet, they’re so inappropriate. One of my friends likes to send me links, but…
- What is your favourite song?
That’s Amore by Dean Martin, or anything by Engelbert Humperdinck.