“20 Questions” With Julie, Love Decanted’s Main Character
Note: We initially started with 20 questions, but at Aimee’s, Dom’s, and Marley’s insistence (you’ll meet them in the upcoming weeks), we ended up with 23…
- Where would you go on a second date?
Wow’s that’s quite the way to start. Let me think for a second… Somewhere with a view.
- What makes you laugh?
Robin Williams always made me laugh. I also like smart humor.
- What is your favorite piece of clothing?
My red silk pajamas. So comfortable.
- What wine has left the greatest impression on you?
A 1989 Château Latour, hands down.
- What is your favorite food and wine pairing?
Either a Saint-Émilion Grand Cru, or better, with a filet mignon, medium, or a fruity rosé with parma (prosciutto) and fresh melon. Now, that’s hard to beat.
- What did you want to be growing up?
A lawyer, an airline hostess, a dancer, and an architect. I went through phases, what can I say?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
Hypocrisy… By that I mean people pretending to know something when they don’t, or people espousing something and contradicting themselves through their actions.
- What is your favorite season?
Spring, because everything comes alive again, flowers come out, everything becomes pretty, there’s an energy in the air, and the cherry blossoms smell amazing. That, too, is hard to beat.
- What are three of your core values?
Learning, active living, and authenticity.
- If you were an animal, what would it be and why?
My cat, Marley, without a doubt. He’s got the best life ever. I’m so jealous, you have no idea.
- What’s your dream vacation?
An European grand tour. First class all the way.
- What is your favorite sport?
It was running, but now I go to the gym, although I like watching tennis. Serena Williams is amazing.
- What was your nickname in high school?
- What is your favorite texture?
Silk. So luxurious.
- What is your favorite smell/aroma?
It’s a toss up between fresh ground coffee (although I don’t actually drink it, but that’s a whole other story), fresh baked bread, and cherry blossoms in the spring.
- What is your favorite taste?
Dark chocolate. No contest.
- What is your favorite swear word?
I don’t often say it, but it would have to be ‘mautadit de merde.’ If you hear that come out of my mouth, watch out.
- Name one person you admired growing up?
Princess Diana, because she did things differently and didn’t just follow the establishment. She made something out of herself, even after everything that happened, and she had an incredible sense of style.
- What was your first car?
A blue Geo Metro, which I nicknamed Smurfette. Nuns owned it before I purchased it, so I assumed it had been baptized, but I never found the certificate. I did, however, find a certificate in the glove box, which confirmed it had at least one oil change.
- What is the wildest thing you have done?
On my 25th birthday, I apparently rode a mechanical bull in a bar and, apparently, I did quite well, though I don’t remember a thing.
- What are you most afraid of?
Getting my heart broken again.
- What makes you cringe?
Fingernails on a chalkboard.
- What is your favorite song?
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, Cannon in D by Pachelbel, or the Kyrie Eleison cannon, but the way they sing it in “Every After” with Drew Barrymore in it… I know that’s quite the combo.